Microsoft KB Archive/107801
Article ID: 107801
Article Last Modified on 9/26/2003
- Microsoft Graph 3.0
- Microsoft Graph 5.0
This article was previously published under Q107801
You may receive the following error message while editing a datasheet in Graph:
There are two possible causes for this error:
- You have a datasheet that has the data organized as Series in Columns and one of the data series (column) contains 256 or more active data values (rows) and then choose the Series in Rows command from the DataSeries menu.
- You accidentally activated many blank rows while the datasheet is organized as Series in Rows.
Active rows and columns are indicated by solid black (or white, depending on your Windows color scheme) rectangle (border button)at the top (columns) or the left (row).
NOTE: The Chart window in Graph only plots those series and datapoints whose columns and rows are active in the datasheet. If you activate rows that don't contain any data, they will still take up space in the Chart window.
To delete blank data series:
- Highlight the row or column by selecting the solid black/white rectangle (border button) for that row or column. If you have many rows or columns to delete, highlight the first one, hold down the SHIFT key and using the arrow keys or mouse move to the last one. All the rows or columns in between will be selected.
- Press the DEL key on your keyboard. A dialog box appears.
- In the dialog box, select Clear Both and choose OK. The black/white rectangle will turn gray.
Additional query words: power point powerpt W_graph tiny grey macppt winppt M_Graph WM_Graph W_WinWord errmsg