Microsoft KB Archive/107631
Article ID: 107631
Article Last Modified on 11/15/2004
- Microsoft Works 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 3.0a
- Microsoft Works 3.0b
- Microsoft Works 4.5 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 4.5a
- Microsoft Works 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 4.0a
This article was previously published under Q107631
It can be difficult to perform in-place editing on an object that is very small. In-Place editing (insitu) is the basis for OLE 2.0 functionality. In-Place editing allows you to edit an embedded object from within the destination application without having to open a separate window.
If you want to continue editing a small object in-place, use the Zoom option in the View menu to increase the magnification. The object will appear larger, which will make editing easier.
Otherwise, you can edit the object in a separate window using the following steps:
- Click the object once to select it.
- From the Edit menu, click <Object's Source>, where <Object's Source> is the source of the object. For example, if you are editing a WordArt object, click WordArt Object from the Edit menu.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select Open.
Additional query words: kbhowto w_works OLE 2.0 wp graphic picture 3.00 3.00a 3.00b 4.00 4.00a 4.50 4.50a
Keywords: kbinfo KB107631