Microsoft KB Archive/107582
Article ID: 107582
Article Last Modified on 10/12/2003
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.1
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11
This article was previously published under Q107582
During Microsoft Windows for Workgroups Setup, the Workgroups Mail, and Schedule+ component files (FRAMEWRK.DLL, MSSFS.DLL, and MAILSPL.EXE) are installed even if the Mail and Schedule+ programs are not.
During installation of Windows for Workgroups 3.11, you can choose the Custom Install option. With this option, you can elect not to install certain components of Windows for Workgroups, including Mail and Schedule+. If you chose not to install these two programs, certain Mail files are still installed:
- AB.DLL is a Address Book user interface support function.
- DEMILAYR.DLL is a Microsoft Work Group Add-On system services layer.
- FRAMEWRK.DLL is the Workgroup Applications framework layer.
- MAILMGR.DLL provides Mail Manager API support functions.
- MAILSPL.EXE is the program in Workgroups Mail that spools messages from the Outbox to the Postoffice and checks for new messages, which it places in the Inbox.
- MSSFS.DLL is the Workgroup Mail Shared File System Transport Provider and is used to send and receive messages to and from the Postoffice database.
- SENDFILE.DLL is a File Manager extension that allows a file to be sent as an attachment.
- STORE.DLL provides message store support functions.
- VFORMS.DLL provides Mail viewed forms.
- VPMTD.386 is the At Work PC Fax scheduler virtual device driver (VxD). This VxD is loaded from a DEVICE= line in the [386Enh] section of the SYSTEM.INI file.
These files are considered Windows dynamic link libraries (DLLs) that other applications depend on and therefore are installed regardless of whether Mail and Schedule+ are installed.
Additional query words: 3.11 remove components install setup