Microsoft KB Archive/107522
FIX: Erroneous Messages Generated When Opening a .TXT File
2.50a 2.50b MS-DOS kbprg kbfixlist kbbuglist kberrmsg
The information in this article applies to:
The Standard (16-bit) version of FoxPro version 2.5a for MS-DOS sometimes generates erroneous messages when you are opening a .TXT file if the Other Code Page check box is selected in the Open File dialog box.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the 16-bit version of FoxPro 2.5a for MS-DOS. This problem was corrected in FoxPro 2.5b for MS-DOS.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
1. From the File menu, choose Open.
2. In the Type popup, select File.
3. Select the Other Code Page check box.
4. Select a .TXT file, and choose the Open button.
5. In the Source Code Page dialog box, select 437, 852, 865, or 866, and
then choose OK. The error message "Code Page Not Found" is displayed.
6. Repeat the steps 1-4 above. 7. In the Source Code Page dialog box, select 1250, 1251, or 1252, and then
choose OK. The Select Database dialog box appears.
8. Choose Cancel. The error message "No Database in Use" appears. Additional reference words: FoxDos 2.50a buglist2.50a fixlist2.50b codepage errmsg err msg KBCategory: kbprg kbfixlist kbbuglist kberrmsg KBSubcategory: Solution Type : kbfix
Last Reviewed: October 14, 1997