Microsoft KB Archive/107516
FIX: FoxPro Not Releasing System Resources or Memory
2.50 2.50a WINDOWS kbprg kbfixlist kbbuglist
The information in this article applies to:
When a READ command is active in FoxPro for Windows and FoxPro is closed through the Windows Task List, the computer hangs when you try to quit Windows.
When FoxPro is closed under these circumstances, it does not release system resources or memory.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem with FoxPro 2.5 and 2.5a for Windows. The problem was corrected in FoxPro version 2.5b for Windows.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
1. In Windows Program Manager, choose About from the Help menu and note the
percentage of system resources available.
2. Load FoxPro for Windows. 3. Quit FoxPro.
4. Check the percentage of system resources available. The amount should be
the same as shown in step 1.
5. Load FoxPro for Windows. 6. In the Command window, issue the following commands:
@ 10,10 GET test DEFAULT SPACE(10) READ
7. Press CTRL+ESC to open the Windows Task List. 8. In the Task List, select FoxPro for Windows, and choose End Task to
close FoxPro for Windows.
9. Check the percentage of system resources available. The amount should be
lower than those shown in steps 1 and 4.
Additional reference words: FoxWin 2.50 2.50a buglist2.50 buglist2.50a fixlist2.50b KBCategory: kbprg kbfixlist kbbuglist KBSubcategory: FxtoolGeneral
Keywords : FxtoolGeneral kbbuglist kbfixlist Version : 2.50 2.50a Platform : WINDOWS Solution Type : kbfix
Last Reviewed: October 16, 1997