Microsoft KB Archive/107515
FIX: Accented Characters in Field Names Garbled
2.50a WINDOWS kbprg kbfixlist kbbuglist
The information in this article applies to:
When CODEPAGE=AUTO, accented characters in field names are saved incorrectly when you modify the structure of a table that you've transported from another platform.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in FoxPro 2.5a for Windows. This problem was corrected in FoxPro 2.5b for Windows.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
1. Create a table in FoxPro 2.5a for MS-DOS with one field called "x".
Make sure that CODEPAGE=AUTO is in the CONFIG.FP file.
2. Quit FoxPro for MS-DOS. 3. Start FoxPro 2.5a for Windows. Make sure that CODEPAGE=AUTO is in
the CONFIG.FPW file.
4. In the Command window, type the following:
5. From the Database menu, choose Database Structure. 6. Change the field called "x" to "a" with an umlaut (ALT+132). Save the
changes to make them permanent.
7. Browse the database. The field appears with the new name. 8. Close and reopen the database.
9. Browse the database. The field name contains garbled characters.
Additional reference words: FoxWin 2.50a buglist2.50a fixlist2.50b MODIFY STRUCTURE diaeresis dieresis diacritical marks acute grave circumflex extended character set KBCategory: kbprg kbfixlist kbbuglist KBSubcategory: FxenvConfigfp Solution Type : kbfix
Last Reviewed: October 14, 1997