Microsoft KB Archive/106637
PSS ID Number: 106637
Article Last Modified on 3/24/2000
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft FORTRAN PowerStation for MS-DOS 1.0
This article was previously published under Q106637
Typing a string of 80 or more characters in the Watch window and pressing the ENTER key hangs the Visual Workbench (VWB) if the string of characters does not contain spaces or FORTRAN operators.
Avoid entering large blocks of non-FORTRAN text into the Watch window. This problem is typically caused by pasting from the clipboard, so do not paste into the Watch without being certain that the text in the clipboard is a FORTRAN expression.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in FORTRAN PowerStation version 1.0 for MS-DOS. This problem has been resolved with FORTRAN PowerStation maintenance release version 1.0a for MS-DOS.
FORTRAN PowerStation version 1.0 can be differentiated from the maintenance release version 1.0a by invoking the linker. Typing "link32 | more" from \F32\BIN directory will show version 2.8 for FORTRAN PowerStation version 1.0, and it will show version 1.0f for the maintenance release version 1.0a.
To duplicate the error, follow these steps:
- From the Visual Workbench, build a program in Debug mode and press the F8 key once.
- Type a string of 80 or more alpha-numeric characters (A-Z and 0-9) into the Watch window and press the ENTER key. The string should not contain spaces or operators (*, -, +, and so forth).
- Because VWB is now hung, press CTRL+ALT+DEL to close the Workbench.
- Use CTRL+ALT+DEL to terminate any open F32DEBUG or WINTEE sessions.
Additional query words: 1.00 buglist1.00 fixlist1.00a
Keywords: kbbug KB106637
Technology: kbAudDeveloper kbFORTRANPower100DOS kbFortranSearch kbZNotKeyword3