Microsoft KB Archive/106636
PSS ID Number: 106636
Article Last Modified on 3/24/2000
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft FORTRAN PowerStation for MS-DOS 1.0
This article was previously published under Q106636
The debugger does not highlight the current point of execution of an include file containing executable statements.
The debugger does not recognize that the include file is in a different source window. All lines in the include file are interpreted by the debugger as being in the same window as the main source.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in FORTRAN PowerStation version 1.0 for MS-DOS. This problem has been resolved with FORTRAN PowerStation maintenance release version 1.0a for MS-DOS.
FORTRAN PowerStation version 1.0 can be differentiated from the maintenance release version 1.0a by invoking the linker. Typing "Link32 | more " from \F32\BIN directory will show version 2.8 for FORTRAN PowerStation version 1.0, and it will show version 1.0f for the maintenance release version 1.0a.
To demonstrate the problem:
- Build the sample code with the project in debug mode.
- Open a source window for both sample code files (note that the include file will not show up in the list of files associated with the project because the include statement has a label).
- Single step; the current point will be line 1 of TEST.FOR.
- Single step; the highlight showing the current point will be at line 2 of TEST.FOR, but the actual current point is line 12 of TEST.INC. The following will be printed to the F32 Debug window:
Main Line 1
- Single step; the highlight showing the current point will be at line 3 of TEST.FOR, but the actual current point is line 13 of TEST.INC. The following will be printed:
Inc Line 2
- Single step; line 4 of TEST.FOR is shown, but it actually is line 14 of TEST.INC. The following will be printed:
Inc Line 3
- Single step; line 5 of TEST.FOR is shown, and it actually is line 5 of TEST.FOR! Both lines 4 of both TEST.INC and TEST.FOR were executed. The following will be printed:
Inc Line 4
Main Line 4
Sample Code (TEST.FOR)
1 print *, 'Main Line 1' c 2 3 include 'test.inc' 4 print *, 'Main Line 4' 5 end
Sample Code (TEST.INC)
c 11 12 print *, 'Inc Line 2' 13 print *, 'Inc Line 3' 14 print *, 'Inc Line 4'
Additional query words: 1.00 buglist1.00 fixlist1.00a
Keywords: kbbug KB106636
Technology: kbAudDeveloper kbFORTRANPower100DOS kbFortranSearch kbZNotKeyword3