Microsoft KB Archive/106630
Article ID: 106630
Article Last Modified on 11/15/2004
- Microsoft Works 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 2.0a
- Microsoft Works 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 4.5 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 4.5a
- Microsoft Works 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 4.0a
This article was previously published under Q106630
In Works for Windows, there isn't an option to change the display of the line size on a chart. However, this can be accomplished by using Microsoft Draw's Line Style feature.
All Line charts can be formatted this way except:
- Line Charts with data points
- Mixed Line and Bar (combination) charts
To change the line style of a chart using Draw, do the following:
- From the Edit menu of the Chart window, click Copy.
- From the File menu, click Create New File and select Word Processor.
- From the Insert menu of the Word Processor document, click Drawing.
- From the Edit menu of Draw, click Paste. This will bring your Works Chart into the Draw program.
- Clear the selection of the chart by clicking anywhere in the window.
- Click the line you want to format.
- From the Draw menu, click Line Style and select the style you want to use.
- From the File menu, click Exit And Return To <Document> (where <Document> is the name of your Word Processor document).
- Answer Yes to the following message:
Your chart will be inserted in the Word Processor document with the line styles you selected in Draw.
NOTE: You will not be able to paste the new chart back into the Spreadsheet module. However, you can print the chart directly from the Word Processor.
Additional query words: kbhowto 2.00 and 2.00a dot dash formatting module copying pasting msdraw wp ss data point 3.00 4.00 4.00a 4.50 4.50a w_works
Keywords: kbinfo kbprint KB106630