Microsoft KB Archive/106533
Article ID: 106533
Article Last Modified on 11/15/2004
- Microsoft Works 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 2.0a
- Microsoft Works 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 4.5 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 4.5a
- Microsoft Works 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 4.0a
This article was previously published under Q106533
After you move a column in report view of the Database and perform a sort with Break Fields on, the SUMM row formulas refer to the wrong fields. The formulas are following the order of the columns as they appear in list view.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Works for Windows versions 2.0 and 2.0a.
This problem was corrected in Works 3.0 and later.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Create a database containing 2 fields such as Field1, Field2.
- Add data to these fields.
- Create a new report using both fields.
- Highlight Field2. From the Edit menu, click Cut.
- Highlight Field1. From the Edit menu, click Paste.
- Sort on Field1 using the Break option.
Notice that the formulas on the SUMM row are mismatched.
Additional query words: db 2.00 3.00 2.00a 4.00 4.00a 4.50 4.50a w_works buglist2.0 buglist2.0a fixlist3.0
Keywords: kbbug kbfix KB106533