Microsoft KB Archive/106528
Article ID: 106528
Article Last Modified on 10/2/2003
- Microsoft FORTRAN PowerStation 1.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Fortran PowerStation 1.0a for MS-DOS
This article was previously published under Q106528
When an attempt is made to build or debug an application from the Visual Workbench, a dialog box with the following message may appear:
The entry for the startup directory in the WINTEE.PIF is always \F32\BIN even if the product was installed in another directory. This causes an error when an application is built, if the Visual Workbench is started with /v option to make WINTEE.EXE visible.
To correct this problem:
- Run the Windows PIF Editor.
- Open the file \F32\BIN\WINTEE.PIF.
- Correct the startup directory (it will probably show the default directory).
- Save changes in the PIF Editor.
- Compiling should work fine now (there is no need to restart Windows or the Visual Workbench).
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in FORTRAN PowerStation versions 1.0 and 1.0a for MS-DOS.
This is not a problem in FORTRAN PowerStation 32.
The /v option when invoking the Visual Workbench makes WINTEE MS-DOS box visible.
Additional query words: VWB nofpsnt