Microsoft KB Archive/106454
WD: Hidden Drop-Down List Box in Tools Customize Dialog Box
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Word for Windows, versions 6.0, 6.0a, 6.0c
- Microsoft Word for the Macintosh, versions 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.1a
- Microsoft Word for Windows, versions 7.0, 7.0a
The (Customize) Menus dialog box contains a hidden drop-down list box that gives you additional information about each command. To access the list box, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Customize, and then select the Commands (Menus) tab.
- In the Categories list, click All Commands.
- Choose any command from the list of Commands that has a colon next to it, "Borders:" for example.
A new list box appears above the "Save in:" ("Save Changes In:") box. For example, if you choose Borders: in the Commands list, the new list box above the "Save in:" box, will include Top, Bottom, Left, and so on.
Commands that have additional information:
FileOpenFile: (lists the currently open files - not available in Word 97)
Symbol: (This command will display a button instead of a list box. The button accesses the Insert Symbol dialog box.)
Additional query words:
Keywords : kbui word8 winword macword word6 word7
Issue type : kbhowto
Last Reviewed: November 4, 2000