Microsoft KB Archive/106424
Article ID: 106424
Article Last Modified on 11/26/1999
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.21 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q106424
Your Turtle Beach sound card may not function correctly after you run MemMaker.
MemMaker does not detect the memory range used by the Turtle Beach sound card ROM.
To work around this problem:
- Edit your CONFIG.SYS file and add X= parameters to exclude the memory ranges used by your sound card. For example:
device=c:\dos\emm386.exe noems highscan x=d000-d1ff x=d600-d7ff
- Run MemMaker, choosing Custom Setup.
- Choose Yes in response to the prompt "Keep current EMM386 memory exclusions and inclusions?"
Additional query words: 6.22 6.20