Microsoft KB Archive/106360
Article ID: 106360
Article Last Modified on 8/15/2005
- Microsoft Excel 95 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 5.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q106360
In Microsoft Excel for Windows, the Lotus Help demos will be unavailable if either of the following conditions is true:
The AutoFilter feature is enabled in the active worksheet. -or- The active worksheet is an embedded object.
Lotus Help is a feature of Microsoft Excel that helps you learn Microsoft Excel equivalents to Lotus 1-2-3 menu items.
To use Lotus Help demos or instructions in Microsoft Excel, you must have an unprotected worksheet active. The Help for Lotus 1-2-3 Users dialog box will display a message explaining that these conditions must be true before you can run a demo or display instructions.
Example using Lotus Help in Microsoft Excel
- From the Help menu, choose Lotus 1-2-3.
- In the Help for Lotus 1-2-3 Users dialog box, under Help Options, select the Demo button.
- From the Menu list, select Range and choose OK.
- From the Menu list, select Format and choose OK.
- From the Menu list, select Fixed and choose OK.
- In the Decimal Places field, type "2" (without the quotation marks) and choose OK.
A demo will show you how to format the current cell to a two-decimal fixed number format in Microsoft Excel.
When the AutoFilter feature is enabled in the current worksheet, or the current worksheet is an embedded object, you will be unable to run a Lotus Help demo and there will be no message explaining why. The Lotus Help instructions will still work under these conditions.
"User's Guide," version 5.0, page 33
For more information about Using Help For Lotus 1-2-3 Users, choose the Search button in Help and type:
Help for Lotus 1-2-3 users
Additional query words: XL