The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro for Windows, version 3.0
- Microsoft FoxPro for Windows, versions 2.5, 2.5a, 2.5b
With the introduction of Microsoft Windows for Workgroups version 3.11, new integrated faxing capabilities are available to Windows-based applications. FoxPro for Windows can access these fax features, which are referred to as Microsoft At Work PC Fax.
FoxPro for Windows can fax information as editable files, or as a standard fax printout. The capabilities are limited by the hardware and software installed at each end of the fax connection.
Fax machines are grouped in software categories by group number, and in hardware categories by class number.
To use At Work PC Fax for transmitting standard fax printouts through FoxPro for Windows, the following system requirements must be met:
- Windows for Workgroups version 3.11 and FoxPro for Windows version 2.5 or later must be installed.
- The computer used to perform faxing must have a fax modem installed. The fax modem must be Group 3, Class 1, 2, or 3, or the computer must have access to a shared fax modem on the Windows for Workgroups network.
- The Microsoft At Work PC Fax driver must be installed as a printer driver.
- In order to fax a text file, the At Work PC Fax printer driver must be selected, for example, as the specific printer in the Page Layout dialog box for a specific report.
- The station receiving the fax must be either a Group 3 fax, or a computer with a Group 3 fax modem installed. The other computer does not need to be running Windows for Workgroups version 3.11.
In order to fax files, the following additional requirements must be met:
- The sending and receiving workstations must both be running Windows for Workgroups version 3.11 and Microsoft Mail, with the At Work PC Fax driver installed.
- Both workstations must have access to a Group 3, Class 1 fax modem board.
- The receiving workstation must have a valid mail user account set up. The fax must be addressed to this user account. The file will be received as a mail attachment, which is saved through normal Mail menu choices.
The sending workstation uses MAPI.DLL to send a mail message. The "TO" parameter of the mail message includes the user account name and phone number, for example:
Additional query words: VFoxWin FoxWin 2.50 "SEND FAX" awfax
Keywords : FxnetworkWfw
Version : 2.50 2.50a 2.50b 3.00
Platform : WINDOWS
Issue type :