Microsoft KB Archive/106286
Article ID: 106286
Article Last Modified on 1/18/2007
- Microsoft Access 1.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Access 1.1 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Access 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Access 95 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Access 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q106286
Novice: Requires knowledge of the user interface on single-user computers.
When you view an unbound form or report (a form or report not based on any table or query) in Design view, an empty field list appears.
A field list will appear automatically if it was displayed in the form or report that you last designed. If the current form or report is unbound, the field list will be empty.
Close the field list. The Field List command on the View menu will become unavailable until the form or report in Design view is bound.
This behavior is by design.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Open the sample database Northwind.mdb (or NWIND.MDB in versions 1.x and 2.0).
- Open the Categories form in Design view.
- On the View menu, click Field List. Note that the field list is displayed.
- Close the form.
- Open a new, unbound form in Design view. Note that an empty field list is displayed.
For more information about the field list, search the Help Index for "field list," or ask the Microsoft Access 97 Office Assistant.
Keywords: kbprb KB106286