Microsoft KB Archive/106217
Article ID: 106217
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.1
This article was previously published under Q106217
When you choose Delete User Profiles from the Options menu in Setup, users may be displayed with blank user names. These blank entries refer to accounts that have been deleted using User Manager after the accounts have been logged onto successfully at least once.
Select the entries with blank user names and delete them manually.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Windows NT and Windows NT Advanced Server version 3.1. We are researching this problem and will post new information in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Log onto an account with administrative privileges.
- Create a new account with User Manager.
- Log off and then on using the newly created account.
- Log off and back onto an administrative account.
- Use User Manager to delete the newly created account.
- Exit User Manager and start Setup.
- From the Options menu, choose Delete User Profiles.
Note the blank user name for the account you just deleted.
Additional query words: prodnt profile setup deleted