Microsoft KB Archive/106154
Article ID: 106154
Article Last Modified on 11/26/1999
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.21 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q106154
When Undelete Delete Tracking is enabled, you cannot undelete a zero-byte file.
You may be able to undelete the file by using the Undelete /DOS command as follows:
- Change to the directory that contains the deleted file.
- At the MS-DOS command prompt, type the following command and press ENTER:
undelete *.* /dos
If one of your applications (such as Lotus 1-2-3) uses a zero-byte file and you cannot undelete it, contact your software vendor for assistance in replacing the file.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in MS-DOS Undelete versions 6.0, 6.2, and 6.21. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Additional query words: 6.22 6.00 6.20 123 PCTRACKR.DEL