Microsoft KB Archive/106129
Article ID: 106129
Article Last Modified on 11/18/1999
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.21 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q106129
You may receive the following error message when you run MemMaker:
This problem occurs when you are running:
- Qemm instead of EMM386.EXE version 4.48 (which is included with MS-DOS 6.2).
- EMM386.EXE version 4.44 (which is included with Windows 3.1).
To work around this problem:
- Change the EMM386.EXE command in your CONFIG.SYS file to correctly reference the version supplied with MS-DOS 6.2, and then run MemMaker. For an example of this command, see step 2 in the procedure below. -or-
- Replace the Qemm commands with the correct MS-DOS commands for HIMEM.SYS and EMM386.EXE and then run MemMaker. To do so:
- Edit the CONFIG.SYS file and remove the Qemm statements to disable Qemm.
- Add DEVICE commands for HIMEM.SYS and EMM386.EXE (including the D=48 parameter). For example:
- Reboot your computer and run MemMaker.
Additional query words: 6.22 6.20 "qemm version 6.02"