Microsoft KB Archive/106128
Article ID: 106128
Article Last Modified on 11/19/1999
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q106128
Starting Microsoft Backup for MS-DOS (MSBACKUP.EXE) opens the following configuration screen after an initial backup configuration has already been performed:
This message appears for one of three reasons:
- This is the first time Backup has been run.
- Backup cannot locate the MSBACKUP.INI file in the MS-DOS subdirectory.
- The A and/or B drive(s) have been changed from high density to low density (or vice versa).
To eliminate this error, perform the Backup configuration again.
The first time you run Backup, you are required to perform a configuration setup. This creates the files MSBACKUP.INI, MSBACKUP.TMP, MSBACKUP.RST, MSBACKUP.LOG, DEFAULT.SET, DEFAULT.SLT, and DEFAULT.CAT in the MS-DOS directory.
You must perform the configuration setup again if the MSBACKUP.INI file is removed from the MS-DOS directory or if the physical removable drive, A or B, is changed from high density to low density or vice-versa.
Additional query words: 6.00 6.0 6.20 MSDOS MS-DOS ms DOS back-up back up error message err msg