Microsoft KB Archive/105972
Mac Works: Bar Chart Labels Skipped in Spreadsheet
PSS ID Number: Q105972 Article last modified on 10-22-1998
The information in this article applies to:
- == Microsoft Works for the Macintosh, versions 3.0 and 4.0 ==
If you select too many columns of numbers for a bar chart, only every other chart label or every third will show.
Changing the font size for the chart labels will allow more labels to appear. To change the font size, do the following:
- Click on the chart to activate it.
- On the Edit menu choose Works Chart Object then click Touch Up Chart
- Click on the category labels.
- On the Format menu, choose Font and Style.
- In the Size box, decrease the size of the font. You may either choose a number from the pull down list or type in a number. The smallest number you can enter is 4.
- Click OK.
You should see more labels appear however, not necessarily all the labels will appear.
Using the text tool on the tool palette, you can also insert the missing labels.
- On the tool palette, click the text tool (the capital letter A).
- Click anywhere on your chart to create a text object.
- Type in the label.
- Choose the correct font and size.
- Move the text box such that the text label appears below the chart.
KBCategory: kbother KBSubcategory: macworkskb
Additional reference words: 3.00 mac mwksdb chart column label 3rd
Version : 3.0 4.0 Platform : MACINTOSH Issue type : kbprb ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1998.