Microsoft KB Archive/105783
Cannot Replace Border or Shading Formats
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Word for Windows, version 6.0
You cannot find or replace border or shading formatting using the Find and Replace commands on the Edit menu in Word for Windows. Word does not include the Borders And Shading command on the Format drop-down list in the Edit Replace and Edit Find dialog boxes.
Create a style with the border and shading formats you want to find or replace, then use that style as search criteria or replacement formatting in the Edit Replace dialog box, as described in the following instructions:
- From the Format menu, choose Style.
- Choose the New button.
- Type or select a name in the Name box.
- Choose the Format button and from the list that appears, select Border.
- Select the border and shading settings you want and then choose OK.
- If the style is for current document only, do not select the Add to Template option. Choose OK in the New Style dialog box.
- Choose the Close button in the Format Styles dialog box.
- From the Edit menu, choose Replace.
- To search for text based on the border and shading formats, position the insertion point in the Find What box and then choose the Format button. On the list that appears, select Style.
To replace with the border and shading formats, position the insertion point in the Replace With box and then choose the Format button. On the list that appears, select Style.
- Choose the Find Next, Replace, or Replace All button.
Additional query words: 6.0 winword word6
Keywords : kbformat
Issue type :
Last Reviewed: November 4, 2000