Microsoft KB Archive/105693
Article ID: 105693
Article Last Modified on 8/16/2005
- Microsoft Word 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 6.0a
- Microsoft Word 6.0c
- Microsoft Word 95 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 95a
- Microsoft Word 6.0 for Macintosh
- Microsoft Word 6.01 for Macintosh
- Microsoft Word 98 for Macintosh
This article was previously published under Q105693
When you click the Check For Errors button on the Print Merge toolbar, Word may prompt you repeatedly for the same invalid MERGEFIELD field.
Word prompts you to correct each instance of invalid MERGEFIELD fields in your mail merge main document, but there is no way to replace or remove all occurrences of a single incorrect field. You can only replace or remove one occurrence of a field at a time.
If your main document contains multiple instances of an invalid field, you can use the Replace command on the Edit menu to replace or remove all instances of the field at once.
To replace one MERGEFIELD field with another, follow these steps:
- In your main document, insert one instance of the correct MERGEFIELD fields.
- Select one of the invalid MERGEFIELD fields.
- On the Edit menu, click Copy.
- On the Edit menu, click Replace.
- Position the insertion point in the Find What box, and then press CTRL+V (COMMAND+V on the Macintosh) to paste the MERGEFIELD field.
- Leave the Edit Replace dialog box open and click in your document window to activate it (the Edit Replace dialog box is modeless).
- Select the correct MERGEFIELD field. On the Edit menu, click Copy.
- Click in the Edit Replace dialog box to activate it.
- Position the insertion point in the Replace With box, and then press CTRL+V (COMMAND+V on the Macintosh) to paste the MERGEFIELD field.
- Click Replace All.
Additional query words: repeats repeatedly several multiple times many
Keywords: kbmerge kbprb KB105693