Microsoft KB Archive/105667
Article ID: 105667
Article Last Modified on 1/18/2007
- Microsoft Mouse Driver 9.1 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Mouse Driver 9.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.2
- Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q105667
There are two problems that can occur if you are using an outdated Seiko Smart Label printer driver with the Microsoft Mouse driver 9.0:
- In Windows, if you are using the version 9.0 Microsoft Mouse driver for Windows and version 1.09 or earlier of the Seiko Smart Label Windows printer driver, your computer may stop responding (hang) during the Windows boot sequence or when you try to print from Windows.
- If you are using version 2.13 or earlier of the Seiko Smart Label MS-DOS printer driver, your computer either hangs or generates a sharing violation when you try to load the 9.0 Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS.
The Seiko Smart Label MS-DOS driver loads as SLP.EXE in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file or SLP.SYS in the CONFIG.SYS file.
NOTE: These symptoms occur only if the Seiko Smart Label driver is resident in memory.
To correct this problem, update both the Windows and MS-DOS printer drivers to version 3.0 by contacting Seiko Technical Support.
NOTE: You can also work around this problem by using an earlier version of the Microsoft Mouse driver.
Seiko Smart Label printers and printer drivers are manufactured by Seiko, a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.
Additional query words: 9.00 8.20A CARERRA MICE MOUSE.EXE SII SLPW Instrument SLP