Microsoft KB Archive/105190
Deleting Soft Fonts in Windows NT Affects All Printers
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows NT Server version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server, version 3.1
If you have multiple printers installed, deleting the soft fonts from one printer removes the fonts from the entire system, including all other printers where you may have the fonts installed.
When soft fonts are installed, they are available to all printers that are able to use them. If you install another printer, the fonts are automatically available to that printer. Thus, deleting fonts from one printer also deletes them from all printers.
The only way to retrieve the fonts is to reinstall them.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Open Print Manager and select one of your installed printers that uses soft fonts.
- From the Printer menu, choose Properties.
- Choose Setup and select Soft Fonts.
- Highlight any number of installed soft fonts.
- Choose Delete.
- Select any other installed PostScript printer and the fonts deleted will not be installed.
Additional query words: prodnt softfont ps adobe type 1 ami
Keywords : kbprint
Issue type :
Technology : kbWinNTsearch kbWinNTWsearch kbWinNTW310 kbWinNTSsearch kbWinNTS310 kbWinNTAdvSerSearch kbWinNTAdvServ310 kbWinNTS310xsearch kbWinNT310xSearch kbWinNTW310Search
Last Reviewed: October 27, 2000