Microsoft KB Archive/105159
Article ID: 105159
Article Last Modified on 10/31/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.1
This article was previously published under Q105159
After adding a removable hard drive, such as Syquest drive, the system does not boot to Windows NT. The following error message appears on a blue screen:
All fixed and removable hard disks are serviced through BIOS INT 13 service routine. If a removable hard disk is connected to Ultrastor SCSI host adapter, it will be treated as a regular fixed hard disk through on-board BIOS. The following problems may occur:
- During boot time, if a cartridge was not inserted in the removable hard disk, on-board BIOS will time-out with a "Device not ready" error message.
- Media change in the device cannot be recognized without using a third-party software.
To exclude services for removable hard disks from on-board BIOS INT 13, do the following:
- For Ultrastor 14F, jumper JP11 pins 9-10.
- For Ultrastor 24F/24Fa, set the host adapter SCSI ID to 6.
- For Ultrastor 14N, jumper JP21 pins 1-2.
For more information, please call Ultrastor Corporation Technical Support at (510) 623-8955.
The products included here are manufactured by a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.
Additional query words: prodnt
Keywords: kbhardware KB105159