Microsoft KB Archive/105132
Article ID: 105132
Article Last Modified on 5/6/2003
- Microsoft MS-DOS 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 5.0a
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.21 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q105132
Microsoft MS-DOS Uninstall does not check the partition table before uninstalling. Since Uninstall rewrites the partition table (using BPB0.DAT), you may experience data loss if you have changed your partitioning.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in MS-DOS versions 5.0, 5.0a, 6.0, 6.2, 6.21, and 6.22. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Additional query words: 6.22 6.20 fdisk windows nt ntfs os/2 os2 repartition