Microsoft KB Archive/105091
Adaptec 1542C SCSI Adapter Card Hangs During Startup
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows NT Server version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server, version 3.1
If you have an Adaptec 1542C SCSI adapter card installed, Windows NT hangs when running NTDetect or AutoCheck, and MS-DOS hangs while processing the CONFIG.SYS or AUTOEXEC.BAT files.
A modification by Adaptec is required to resolve this problem. If your Adaptec board has not been modified, you will need to contact Adaptec to have the 1542C board altered.
To determine if the Adaptec 1542C has been modified, pull the card and look for one of the following:
- On the solder side of the card toward the external SCSI connector, if there are jumper wires, the card has been modified.
- The label on the VLSI chip has three sets of numbers. If the middle row of numbers has a "D" suffix, the card has been modified.
For more information, please call Adaptec Technical Support at (800) 959-7274.
The Adaptec products included here are manufactured by a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.
Additional query words: prodnt
Keywords : kbhw
Issue type :
Technology : kbWinNTsearch kbWinNTWsearch kbWinNTW310 kbWinNTSsearch kbWinNTS310 kbWinNTAdvSerSearch kbWinNTAdvServ310 kbWinNTS310xsearch kbWinNT310xSearch kbWinNTW310Search
Last Reviewed: October 27, 2000