Microsoft KB Archive/104978
ACC1x: Minimizing MS Access with Cue Cards Hangs System
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Access versions 1.0, 1.1
When you are running Microsoft Access Cue Cards in Microsoft Windows for Workgroups, your computer stops responding (hangs) when you attempt to minimize Microsoft Access after starting another application.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Access versions 1.0 and 1.1. This problem no longer occurs in Microsoft Access version 2.0.
This problem occurs only under the following conditions:
- Microsoft Access is running under Microsoft Windows for Workgroups.
- You choose only the Minimize button in Microsoft Access. If you click anywhere else in the Microsoft Access database window, the problem does not occur.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
WARNING: Following these steps will cause a general protection fault on your computer. Make sure you save and close any open work on your computer before following these steps.
- Start Microsoft Access.
- Start a Cue Cards topic, such as "Build a database with tables," by choosing Cue Cards from the Help menu and choosing the appropriate Cue Card topic.
- At any gray screen in Cue Cards, switch to Program Manager by pressing CTRL+ESC or ALT+ESC, and then start Calculator or any other program.
- Minimize Microsoft Access by choosing the Minimize button. Note that your computer stops responding (hangs).
Additional query words: winiss ui hung stopped frozen freezes
Keywords : kbenv
Issue type : kbbug
Last Reviewed: November 4, 2000