Microsoft KB Archive/104895
Article ID: 104895
Article Last Modified on 10/17/2003
- Microsoft FORTRAN PowerStation 1.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Fortran PowerStation 1.0a for MS-DOS
- Microsoft FORTRAN PowerStation 32
This article was previously published under Q104895
Changes to the display mode of the Visual Workbench debugging session are not effective until the debug session is stopped and restarted. Even after the display mode changes are in effect, the Visual Workbench does not display anything in Hexadecimal mode in the Locals window, but scalars are displayed in Hexadecimal mode in the Watch window.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in FORTRAN PowerStation for MS-DOS, version 1.0 and 1.0a, and in FORTRAN PowerStation for Windows-NT, version 1.0. This problem was fixed in Fortran PowerStation 4.0.
To reproduce this problem:
- Build the sample code below with the project in Debug mode.
- Choose Execute/Debug from the Options menu and clear (uncheck) the Hexadecimal Display check box if it is selected.
- Single-step (F8) to the print statement.
- Display both the Locals and Watch window (choose both windows from the Window menu), and then enter the following in the Watch window (one letter per line):
- Double-click to expand "I" in both the Watch and Locals windows (it may be necessary to click in one window before I can be expanded in the other window).
- Check that all values in both windows are displayed in decimal.
- Select Hexadecimal Display in the Execute/Debug dialog box.
- Check that all values in both windows are still displayed in decimal.
- Stop debugging using the Debug menu, and then repeat steps 3 and 5.
Check that all values in the Locals window are still displayed in decimal, that in the Watch window, only "J" and the indices to the array "I" are in hexadecimal (they have a "#" in front). The values of the elements of 'I' are still displayed in decimal. For example:
(i)(#B) = 12 j = #D
integer i(11),j i = 12 j = 13 print *, i end
Additional query words: 1.00
Keywords: kbbug kbfix KB104895