PRA: Text Not Replaced in All Modules with Replace All
Article ID: Q104822
Creation Date: 29-SEP-1993
Revision Date: 19-SEP-1996
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Access versions 1.0 and 1.1
When you use the Replace All command to replace a text string in all modules of the open database, the text strings in some modules are not replaced. The text strings are replaced only in modules that were opened before you chose the Replace All command.
Open all the modules in which you want to replace text strings before choosing the Replace All command.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Access versions 1.0 and 1.1. This problem no longer occurs in Microsoft Access version 2.0.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Start Microsoft Access and create a new module.
Type the following in the Declarations section:
- Save the Module as Module1, and then close it.
- Create another new module. Repeat step 2.
- From the Edit menu, choose Replace.
- Type REPLACETEXT in the Find What field. Type TEST in the Replace With field. Select All Modules in the Search box, and then choose Replace All.
- Close the database. Save Module2 when prompted to by Microsoft Access.
- Reopen the database and open Module1. Note that 'REPLACETEXT was not changed to 'TEST.
THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THE MICROSOFT KNOWLEDGE BASE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. MICROSOFT DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL MICROSOFT CORPORATION OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF MICROSOFT CORPORATION OR ITS SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.
©1997 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Legal Notices.
Additional reference words: 1.00 1.10 UI changing