Microsoft KB Archive/104778
Article ID: 104778
Article Last Modified on 11/23/1999
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q104778
This information applies to both Microsoft DoubleSpace and Microsoft DriveSpace. For MS-DOS 6.22, use DRVSPACE in place of DBLSPACE for commands and filenames.
When you try to compress disk, you may receive the following error message:
This error occurs if:
- You try to compress a write-protected removable media disk. -or-
- The root directory of the drive being compressed is full.
To work around this problem, make sure the media you are trying to compress is not write protected and the root directory is not full.
For more information on root directory file limits, query on the following words in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
root and subdirectory and ms-dos and file limit
Additional query words: 6.00 6.20