Microsoft KB Archive/104759
ACC1x: Report Prompts Twice for Same Parameter Value
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Access versions 1.0, 1.1
You are prompted twice for the same parameter value when you run a report that contains a subreport that is based on a parameter query.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Access versions 1.0 and 1.1. This problem no longer occurs in Microsoft Access version 2.0.
If a subreport that is based on a parameter query that takes one parameter from the user is placed in the detail section of an unbound main report, the report will prompt the user twice for the same parameter value. Note that the same problem occurs with forms and subforms.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Start Microsoft Access and open the sample database NWIND.MDB.
Create a parameter query based on the Categories table. Save the query as CategoryQuery:
Query: CategoryQuery --------------------- Field: Category ID Criteria: [Enter Category Id] Field: Category Name
- Use the ReportWizard to create a report based on the CategoryQuery query. Save this report as MySubReport.
- Create a new unbound report. Drag the MySubReport report to the detail section of the new report.
- From the File menu, choose Print Preview.
Note that the report asks for the same parameter value twice.
Keywords : kbusage
Issue type : kbbug
Last Reviewed: November 4, 2000