Microsoft KB Archive/104756
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Access versions 1.0, 1.1
- Microsoft Access Distribution Kit, version 1.1
If you paste an existing text box control that has its CanGrow or CanShrink property set to Yes to a report header or footer, the header or footer will not change as needed.
Instead of cutting or copying and then pasting the control into the report header or footer, drag the existing control to the header or footer.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Create a new bound or unbound report.
- Place a text box in the report's detail section.
- Select the text box, and then set its CanGrow property to Yes.
- From the Layout menu, choose Report Hdr/Ftr.
- Select the text box, and then choose Copy from the Edit menu.
- Select the report header or footer.
- From the Edit menu, choose Paste.
- Select the text box in the header or footer. Note that the CanGrow property is set to No.
Note that this situation applies to group headers and group footers as well.
Keywords : kbui
Issue type : kbprb
Last Reviewed: November 4, 2000