Microsoft KB Archive/104578
Article ID: 104578
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.1
This article was previously published under Q104578
If either CD Player or Media Player (in CD Audio mode) are running when you try to access a CD-ROM data disc from File Manager, the following error message appears:
Also, if either CD Player or Media Player are running when you try to install a driver from a CD using Windows NT Setup, installation may fail and you may be prompted to insert a CD in a non-existent drive.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Insert a data disc in the CD-ROM drive.
- Start CD Player from the Accessories group.
- Start File Manager and try to choose the CD-ROM drive.
- The above error message occurs even though there is a valid data disc in the drive.
To access the data disc in the CD-ROM drive, make sure both CD Player and Media Player are not running. If you were not able to complete Setup, close and restart Setup after exiting CD Player and Media Player.
Additional query words: prodnt