Microsoft KB Archive/104563
PC Win: Running Mail on PC-NFS 5.0
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Mail for Windows, versions 3.0, 3.0b, 3.2
When you run version 3.0, 3.0b, or 3.2 of Microsoft Mail for Windows on version 5.0 of PC-NFS, you will encounter problems if you have the Mail message file (MMF) on the PC-NFS server. Some of the problems include:
- Problems sending and receiving new messages
- Problems moving the MMF locally
PC-NFS 5.0 has problems performing a short write to a large file.
Sun Microsystems has produced a patch to correct this problem. To obtain the patch, call Sun at (800) 872-4786 [(800) USA-4SUN] and request patch ID 101127-01.
NOTE: Sun will try to e-mail this patch because of its small size. This method will only work if you receive the e-mail on a UNIX system. If this is not possible, request the patch on a floppy disk.
In addition, the following are two fixes available for file locks:
- A new lock D to resolve the file lock issue.
- A new patch for X-locks (exclusive locks) used by Microsoft Word version 6 for Windows and Microsoft Excel version 5 for Windows.
Additional query words: 3.00 3.00b 3.20
Issue type :
Technology : kbMailSearch kbZNotKeyword3 kbMail300 kbMail320 kbMail300b
Last Reviewed: November 12, 1999