Microsoft KB Archive/104552
Article ID: 104552
Article Last Modified on 9/26/2003
- Microsoft Works 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 2.0a
This article was previously published under Q104552
A general protection (GP) fault will occur in module MSWORKS.EXE when you create a new database report and there is a set of quotation marks on the "sList=" line in the [INTL] section of the WIN.INI file as follows:
Instead, the "sList" line should read:
The comma is the list separator that is required by Works for Windows.
Use one of the following procedures:
If the List Separator box in the International section of the Control Panel is set to blank, change it to a comma as follows:
- In the Control Panel window, choose the International icon.
- In the List Separator box, type a comma. Choose OK.
Use the following steps to change your List Separator in the WIN.INI file:
- From the File menu in Windows Program Manager, choose Run.
- In the Command Line box, type WIN.INI and choose OK.
- From the Search menu, choose Find.
- In the Find What box, type sList and choose Find Next.
- Delete the quotation marks ("") from the sList line and replace them with one comma (,) as shown above.
- Save the changes to the WIN.INI file and exit Notepad.
- Restart Windows for the change in the WIN.INI file to take effect.
The GP fault will no longer occur when you create a new database report.
Additional query words: occurred MSWORKS GPFault GPF db error application