Microsoft KB Archive/104534
Article ID: 104534
Article Last Modified on 11/19/1999
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.21 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q104534
If you have an Adaptec 1542B SCSI disk, a SCSI CD-ROM drive, and ASPI4DOS.SYS is loaded when you install MS-DOS, you may receive the following error message:
This problem occurs when Setup thinks the CD-ROM drive is the boot drive. This problem occurs when you have the CD-ROM drive and the SCSI drive set to #0 and #1, respectively.
To work around this problem, do one of the following:
- Remove the disk from the CD-ROM drive, restart your computer, and run Setup.
- Remove ASPI4DOS.SYS from the CONFIG.SYS file, restart your computer, run Setup, put ASPI4DOS.SYS back in the CONFIG.SYS file, and then restart your computer again.
- Reconfigure the CD-ROM drive so it uses a SCSI ID other than 0 or 1.
Additional query words: 6.22 6.20