Microsoft KB Archive/104530
Article ID: 104530
Article Last Modified on 11/22/1999
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.21 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q104530
MS-DOS 6.2 Step-Up and MS-DOS Uninstall may exit with the following error message:
This error occurs when MS-DOS Step-Up or Uninstall cannot find DOSSETUP.INI or UPDATE.INI. This problem can occur if the files are missing, corrupted, or not located on the same drive as SETUP.EXE (or UNINSTAL.EXE).
To work around this problem, check the following:
- Ensure all the MS-DOS 6.2 Step-Up files are on the same disk.
- If you are uninstalling MS-DOS, ensure the Uninstall disk is in drive A.
- Ensure MS-DOS can read the disk. For example, type copy /b a:*.* nul at the MS-DOS command prompt and then press ENTER.
- If you downloaded MS-DOS Step-Up from one of the electronic services, try downloading it again.
Additional query words: 6.22 6.20 fatal_text fatal text