Microsoft KB Archive/104523
Article ID: 104523
Article Last Modified on 11/22/1999
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft MS-DOS 6.22 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q104523
When you back up an entire hard disk drive using Microsoft Backup for MS-DOS (MSBACKUP.EXE), you may receive the following error message:
NOTE: This error does not occur if you are using Microsoft Backup for Windows (MWBACKUP.EXE).
This error is generated if you are backing up the SENTRY directory while Delete Sentry is resident in memory.
To work around this problem, do one of the following:
- Remove UNDELETE from memory by typing "UNDELETE /U" (without the quotation marks), at the MS-DOS command prompt. -or-
- Avoid backing up the SENTRY directory by not including this directory in the file-selection process in Backup.
When this error appears, Backup gives you the options Continue (the default) and Cancel Backup. If you choose Continue, the remaining files are backed up. Choosing Cancel returns you to the first Backup screen.
Additional query words: 6.00 6.20 6.22 undelete sentry