Microsoft KB Archive/104384
Pack Rat Problems Under Windows NT
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows NT Server version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server, version 3.1
WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious, system-wide problems that may require you to reinstall Windows NT to correct them. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use this tool at your own risk.
The following problems may occur when you run Pack Rat under Windows NT:
- Borders next to continuous agenda items are missing.
- On RISC-based computers, you are unable to start Windows help files. This is because there is no default association set up for the .HLP extension. To add this extension, perform the following procedure:
- Start Registry Editor.
Go to the following subtree and key:
HKEY_USERS\DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT \CurrentVersion\Extensions
Choose Add Value from the Edit menu and add the following value:
hlp : REG_SZ : winhlp32.exe ^.hlp
- Exit Registry Editor.
Additional query words: prodnt packrat
Keywords : kb3rdparty
Issue type :
Technology : kbWinNTsearch kbWinNTWsearch kbWinNTW310 kbWinNTSsearch kbWinNTS310 kbWinNTAdvSerSearch kbWinNTAdvServ310 kbWinNTS310xsearch kbWinNT310xSearch kbWinNTW310Search
Last Reviewed: October 27, 2000