Microsoft KB Archive/104350
FIX: Including Current Resource in Project Hangs System
2.50 MS-DOS kbprg kbfixlist kbbuglist kberrmsg
The information in this article applies to:
Including the current, active resource file in a project hangs the system with the following error message:
abnormal program termination
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in FoxPro 2.5 for MS-DOS. This problem was corrected in FoxPro 2.5a for MS-DOS.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
1. If the current resource file is FOXUSER, copy FOXUSER.* to TEST.*.
Use the SYS(2005) function to verify the current resource file.
2. Create program TEST1.PRG containing the following line:
SET RESOURCE TO TEST
3. Create a project with TEST1.PRG as the main program. 4. Include TEST.DBF in the project.
5. Save the project and build the application.
6. Run the application and use the SYS(2005) function to verify that
the resource file is set to TEST.
7. Modify the project and select Build. Then build the application
FoxPro will exit to the MS-DOS prompt, with either the error message "abnormal program termination," or the truncated error message "bnormal program termination." NOTE: This error does not occur if you are running FoxPro 2.5 for MS-DOS under Microsoft Windows.
Additional reference words: FoxDos 2.50 2.50a buglist2.50 fixlist2.50a errmsg err msg KBCategory: kbprg kbfixlist kbbuglist kberrmsg KBSubcategory: Solution Type : kbfix
Last Reviewed: September 22, 1997