Microsoft KB Archive/104289
Cardfile Err Msg: Cannot create temporary file. Delete...
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows NT Server version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server, version 3.1
If the TEMP directory is not present when you start Cardfile, the following error message is displayed:
Cannot create temporary file.
Delete one or more file to increase available disk space, and then try again.
If you choose OK or press Enter, Cardfile continues to load. At this point, new cards can be created. However, if you try to save the new files, the following error message is displayed:
Not enough disk space save card. Delete one or more files from the directory to which you are saving this card to increase the available disk space and then try again.
To work around the above errors use the following procedure:
- Create a TEMP directory with File Manager.
- Open Control Panel, and choose the System icon.
- In the Variable field, enter temp.
In the Value field, enter the drive and directory name, such as:
- Choose Set to activate the variable and then choose OK.
- Restart Cardfile and the errors should not occur.
Additional query words: prodnt
Keywords : kbtool
Issue type :
Technology : kbWinNTsearch kbWinNTWsearch kbWinNTW310 kbWinNTSsearch kbWinNTS310 kbWinNTAdvSerSearch kbWinNTAdvServ310 kbWinNTS310xsearch kbWinNT310xSearch kbWinNTW310Search
Last Reviewed: October 27, 2000