Microsoft KB Archive/104275
Article ID: 104275
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 3.1c
This article was previously published under Q104275
The version 3.1c Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks maintenance release contains the following corrections and enhancements:
- Increased server throughput performance. Version 3.1a introduced a delay in processing messages between servers. Version 3.1c corrects this problem, and additionally, increases the throughput of the server over previous versions of Mail. This enhancement will typically affect large-routed networks.
- Inclusion of user-defined gateway recipients in the Move User feature of the Mail Network Administrator program. Version 3.1a included a new move-user feature. However, at the time of release, it would not extract user-defined gateway recipients.
- Mail Tools server-rebuild process functions correctly. Version 3.1a Mail Tools could corrupt user enclosures.
- The Mail server can now reside on a machine with a CD-ROM drive. The Mail server is now compatible with Apple CD-ROM driver software.
- Correction of a Kanji printing problem from the workstation. Unless the workstation is printing to a Kanji printer, there is no need to upgrade the workstation to a version later than 3.1a.
You can order version 3.1c of Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks from Microsoft Inside Sales at (800) 227-4679. If you are outside the United States, contact the Microsoft subsidiary for your area. To locate your subsidiary, call Microsoft International Customer Service at (206) 936-8661.
067-096-S30 - Microsoft Mail 3.1c (New purchases)
067-096-S33 - Microsoft Mail 3.1c Upgrade
Additional query words: 3.10c enhancements