Microsoft KB Archive/104267
Microsoft Support Network: Premier Support for U.S. & Canada PSS ID Number: Q104267 Article last modified on 10-01-1993 PSS database name: PSS
This is one of several articles that describe the Microsoft Support Network (MSN). To find the other articles about MSN, query on the following word in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Microsoft Support Network: Premier Support for United States and Canada (October 1, 1993) ============================================================
Premier Support is Microsoft’s highest level of technical support and is designed to provide personalized, comprehensive support for mission-critical and development/OEM adaptation environments. Premier Support customers can also access a broad range of around-the-clock electronic information services.
Premier Support provides:
- Personalized relationship. A one-to-one relationship is established with the customer by designating a support engineer as the account’s technical account manager (TAM). The TAM understands support needs, design issues, configurations, and so forth to help quickly resolve and anticipate support issues.
- Toll-free phone access. Unlimited telephone access is provided through an 800 number.
- 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Helping to ensure key issues are addressed in a timely manner, Microsoft Premier Support is available any time of the day or night.
- Information access. Premier Support customers can choose from one of two CD-ROM subscriptions (TechNet or the Microsoft Developers’ Network). These subscriptions offer a wide range of tools and information. Both offer access to the Microsoft Knowledge Base, which is the same information Microsoft engineers use to resolve support issues.
- Prompt issue management. The standard response times are as follows: four-hour maximum, one-hour maximum in mission-critical situations. The issue-management process ensures all appropriate Microsoft resources are applied to resolve customer issues promptly to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Contact flexibility. Premier Support provides for four customer contacts in the United States or Canada, allowing customers to designate contacts where the anticipated need is greatest.
- Access by phone or electronically. Customers can access Premier Support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, either through a toll-free 800 number or electronically with Microsoft OnLine software for the Microsoft Windows operating system. The latter option provides quick and confidential electronic communications with Microsoft support engineers, including the ability to send and retrieve information.
- Choices. Premier Support offers two options designed to meet customer needs. Premier Comprehensive provides unlimited support on all Microsoft products and covers mission-critical projects, in-house development, and help desk needs. Premier Development provides unlimited support on any development or OEM adaptation issues for Microsoft products.
- Pricing. Premier Comprehensive has a base price of $20,000 annually; the price increases in $4,000 increments based on the number of installed units. Premier Development has a $20,000 flat rate. Additional contacts for both are $3,000 each.
- Canadian Pricing and Service Information. Call (800) 668-7975 for information on pricing and services offered in Canada.
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1993.