Microsoft KB Archive/104203
Article ID: 104203
Article Last Modified on 10/31/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.1
This article was previously published under Q104203
When you install Windows NT or Windows NT Advanced Server from a CD to a machine whose C drive is a SCSI drive with a DTC3290 SCSI controller, Setup may fail, displaying the STOP message:
During the installation process, Windows NT expects to read certain information from the SOFTWARE registry hive. Due to a hardware problem, this cannot be done.
This problem was not reproducible at Microsoft. If you run into this problem, the following steps may help:
- Use only hardware listed on the hardware compatibility list (HCL).
- Ensure that the SCSI bus is properly terminated at both ends.
- Try a different SCSI cable.
- DTC has a firmware upgrade that fixes certain over-run problems.
Additional query words: prodnt blue trap
Keywords: kbhardware kbsetup KB104203