Microsoft KB Archive/104164
File Manager Send Mail May Fail with Check Spelling Enabled
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows NT Server version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server, version 3.1
When you are attempting to send a mail message from Windows NT File Manager, if the "Check spelling of messages before sending" option is enabled, at the point that the spelling check is attempted after you choose the Send button, you may receive the following error message:
Exception: access violation (<memaddress>, Address: <memaddress>
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Windows NT and Windows NT Advanced Server version 3.1. This problem was corrected in the latest U.S. Service Pack for Windows NT and Windows NT Advanced Server version 3.1. For information on obtaining the Service Pack, query on the following word in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- In the Main group window, double-click the Mail icon, or use the arrow keys to select the Mail icon, and then press ENTER.
- From the Options menu, choose Mail.
- Enable the "Check spelling of messages before sending" option.
- In the Main group window, double-click the File Manager icon, or use the arrow keys to select the File Manager icon, and then press ENTER.
- Select a file and then choose Send Mail from the Mail menu.
- Address the message and choose the Send button.
The above error message will appear.
Additional query words:
Keywords : kbtool
Issue type :
Technology : kbWinNTsearch kbWinNTWsearch kbWinNTW310 kbWinNTSsearch kbWinNTS310 kbWinNTAdvSerSearch kbWinNTAdvServ310 kbWinNTS310xsearch kbWinNT310xSearch kbWinNTW310Search
Last Reviewed: October 27, 2000