Microsoft KB Archive/104098
Command Prompt Cursor is Displaced by Four Spaces
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows NT Server version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation version 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server, version 3.1
After you run and exit MS-DOS Editor in a full-screen Command Prompt, you may notice that the cursor is displaced by four spaces.
This may be attributed to a problem in the initialization of the VDM.
There are two ways to work around this problem:
- Start MS-DOS Editor. Exit it and the cursor should return to normal for the rest of your editing session.
- Change to full-screen and then back to windowed mode by pressing ALT+ENTER.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Windows NT and Windows NT Advanced Server version 3.1. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Additional query words: prodnt
Keywords : kbtool
Issue type :
Technology : kbWinNTsearch kbWinNTWsearch kbWinNTW310 kbWinNTSsearch kbWinNTS310 kbWinNTAdvSerSearch kbWinNTAdvServ310 kbWinNTS310xsearch kbWinNT310xSearch kbWinNTW310Search
Last Reviewed: October 27, 2000