Microsoft KB Archive/103876
Project Hangs When Resource Units Set to Greater Than Zero
PSS ID Number: Q103876 Article last modified on 11-16-1994
|The information in this article applies to:|
|- Microsoft Project for Windows, versions 3.0, 3.0a|
In Microsoft Project for Windows, if the Resource Form is formatted for cost, and you set resource units to greater than zero on fixed duration tasks, the program will hang.
To avoid this problem, do either of the following:
Change the resource assignments on the Resource Form when it is formatted for Schedule or Work.
Change the resource assignments from the Task Form, Resource Sheet, Gantt Chart, or Edit form.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Project for Windows versions 3.0 and 3.0a. We are researching this problem and will post new information here as it becomes available.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Enter a task, T1, with a duration of 2d.
- From the Edit menu, choose Form. On the Form, select the Fixed check box. Choose OK.
- From the Edit menu, choose Form. In the Resources field, enter “R1” (without the quotation marks). Choose OK.
- From the View menu, select Task Entry. Choose the bottom pane (function key F6). From the View menu, choose Resource Form.
- From the Format menu, choose Cost.
- Change the unit value for resource R1 to one. Choose OK.
KBCategory: kbusage KBSubcategory:
Additional reference words: 3.00 3.00a
Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1994.