Microsoft KB Archive/103802
Article ID: 103802
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Mail Gateway to Novell Message Handling System 3.0
This article was previously published under Q103802
After you set up version 3.0 of the Microsoft Mail Gateway to MHS, the easiest way to test it is to address a message to yourself from Microsoft Mail, looping the message through MHS and back to yourself.
The message is routed through this path:
MS Mail user > MS Mail Database > MHS Gateway > MHS Routes the message > MHS Gateway > MS Mail Database > MS Mail User
To address the message from the Windows client
- From within the Mail client, choose the Compose button.
On the To: line, type the following address
Square brackets Tells Mail that this address is not contained within one of its address lists MHS: Tells Mail this message should be sent out through the MHS gateway ADMIN Your Microsoft Mail mailbox ID MSMAIL The name of the gateway host, in MHS
To address the message from the MS-DOS client
- From within Mail, select Compose. Your default address view appears.
- Press the LEFT ARROW key to see all the other address lists.
- Select the MHS list. A blank address box or a list of addresses appears.
NOTE: Addresses displayed here are the ones entered into the postoffice using the ADMIN.EXE or IMPORT.EXE utility.
- Press the INSERT key to bring up the new address box.
- If your gateway in MHS has been defined as MSMAIL and your Microsoft mailbox ID is Admin, type in the address ADMIN@MSMAIL.
Additional query words: 3.00